cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

pipe over two planes

ptc-6761405
1-Newbie

pipe over two planes

i've attached a picture, the bottom pipe is on a different plane angled at 10 degrees from the plane the top pipe is on.

I am trying to either create a joint between the two or, better yet, make the two pipes one.

The problem i have is that any joint i try to put on these pipes either does absolutely nothing or creates a strange pipe which would not be able to actually be welded together.

Any help on this would be gratefully received

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

figured out a way.....created 2 planes, one on each of the two pipe ends then created an axis on the intersection of these two axis. Measured angle between two planes and offset a third plane at half this angle.

Finally using the top left "replace surface" joint (create a joint to replace the selected surface) I extended each pipe end to this third plane

whew......got there in the end!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

figured out a way.....created 2 planes, one on each of the two pipe ends then created an axis on the intersection of these two axis. Measured angle between two planes and offset a third plane at half this angle.

Finally using the top left "replace surface" joint (create a joint to replace the selected surface) I extended each pipe end to this third plane

whew......got there in the end!!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags