cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

"All Around" symbol on leaders of notes?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

"All Around" symbol on leaders of notes?

We use to be able to make leaders with the "all around" (circle at the knee) symbol. How is this done in Creo 2.0?

4 REPLIES 4
jmayer
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I'd like to know this as well. Any info would be great.

Thank you!

Bari
12-Amethyst
(To:jmayer)

I think you are refering to the symbol used in welding "all around". If so, you can add that type of symbol in Drawing by goig to the ANNOTATE Tab and choose Custom Symbol.

p1.jpg

Then Browse for the symbol in the System Syms/weldsymlib/ansi_weld/simple/ directory and choose FILLET.SYM file. Then in the GROUPING tab select the options shown to access the ALL AROUND option.

p2.jpg

Hope this is what you want.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Bari)

Antonio, thank you for finding this reference. It really is buried very deep.

I remember somewhere in Pro/E 2000i there was an obscure little dialog that let you put the all-around symbol on leaders. I don't remember for sure but I am almost positive that I was able to add these to normal annotation notes. Often I need to call out a blend (fillet radii) or chamfer "all around a feature" and needed to use the symbol.

Obviously, I would like to use them on any leader including dimensions for the reason stated above, but I am also okay with just getting the note version back.

There is also an all-around in the GTOL. Unfortunately, there is now a double-all-around (all-over) symbol in GTOL that is completely missing from Creo 2.0. This would be a two concentric circles on the leader. (page 41-42 Linked here)

For what its worth, the diameter of the circle in GTOL is the same as the text height. The weld symbol all around circle diameter is the text height * 1.5.

I suppose I could make a custom symbol to do this for me. I just hate loosing things I knew were there before.

Antonius, u can made a symbole by yourself and use it. if its not in libray made one.

xx.png

sending u file also...

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags