cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

re: Pro Table editor - SUMMARY

ptc-50292
1-Newbie

re: Pro Table editor - SUMMARY

All,

Thanks to all who tried to help. David Lovinger was the biggest help by knowing that this is a directory permission issue. Unfortunately we have not been able to put our finger on what the differences are between the directories that work and those that don't. The workaround is to change to a directory where you do have the proper permissions and work in that directory.

Thanks again
Bill

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<original post=">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello all.

I am having an issue with Pro Table that support is not able to solve for me and thought our intelligent user community might have the answer.

After creating a pattern, I converted it to be a table driven pattern. I then wanted to edit the table. I picked on edit; pattern table; and got the popup window. After selecting my table and then the edit button at the bottom, nothing happened. I tried several other ways to edit the table without any success.

After talking to support and trying many different settings of my display properties, support had me try to set the config option for â€ÂÃ
“pro_editor_command” to specify the path to the bin directory and protab.bat. This did not work. We then set the path to use Notepad, but again this did not work. Finally we have tried to set the path to the â€ÂÃ
“ \i486_nt\obj” and specify the protab.exe. Again no editor when trying to edit the table.

Anybody have an idea why this is happening? I am running WF2.0 and have tried it in WF3.0. I have also tried it on other computer and am having the same result. I have also loaded Pro with no configs and same thing: no protable editor.

Bill Jensen
Metal Technologies
Auburn, IN
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags