is there any way if my part n drg file both are open & if rename a part file den associated drg file will rename automatically???
I guess you don't use any PDM system. It's easy there.
I face the same problem when trying to rename more parts with their drawings.
The solution isn't nice but exists:
- check if the option rename_drawings_with_object is set to "both"
- open the top assembly and choose the command Save a Copy instead of Rename
- use e.g. Dummy.asm for copy of top assembly
- rename the parts you want. Make sure the option "copy drawings" is ticked.
- click OK, close objects, erase and open windows commander
- delete the original top assembly file and rename the dummy.asm to original name
- delete the dummy.drw if exists and close windows commander
I don't understand why there isn't same option "copy drawings" in rename window as it is in Save a Copy. But it is like it is...
Hope it will work
To my knowledge there is not a way to rename a part and drawing file together at the same time in Creo. It can be done within Windchill though.
Would be a great product idea though!
t is possible but there a couple requirements.
The file name of the model and the file name of its drawing has to be EXACTLY the same.
This will not work.
This will work.
There is a config.pro option that should be set.
Default value = none
Values = none, both, part, assem
Well, I just tried it (after I posted) and it didn't seem to work. I apologize for that. I might have got it mixed up with Save As.
I recalled the same config option. It seemed promising, but the effect is only on Save-As, so it should be save_as_with_object, as it isn't for renaming.
You have the information correct, but you are right, the action is Save As, not Rename, even though the config option is rename_drawings_with_object.