cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

round failed or not

StephenW
23-Emerald II

round failed or not

What exactly does the little orange dot mean when you look at the round dialog box and it shows next to an edge that I rounded?

I think it means that it "assumed" to have found a replacement edge for the one I redefined.

I don't know that I like it making those assumptions but it was right this time, but I specifically remember one the other day that it assumed incorrectly. No failures, it just moved my round and the software was happy happy happy...but I was not particularly pleased.

[cid:image001.png@01CF5A25.4AD979D0]

2 REPLIES 2
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

That "orange dot" means that the edge or reference is not resolved and needs
attention.

Michael P. Locascio

Hi Michael,

I realise this is a stale thread but I couldn't see anything else related (probably poor searching.

Do not look at the forum daily as I used to when it was all on the exploder (or even weekly, or monthly).

Anyhow I wonder about this functionality.  Sure I understand that the rounds I had have been reassigned to other edges, due to my remodeling, by some PTC algorithm and that sometimes it can choose wrong.  What I want is a function that when I look in my round and see some orange dots I can verify them as acceptable and thereby remove the orange dot.  For a long time now I have either deleted all the orange dots and remade those references or sometimes I have left them if time was tight and remaking references on something that worked was not best use of my time.

In short I want to scan through the list then be able to RMB and have an option to either delete or accept the orange references.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards, Brent

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags