cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

rounds and transitions fail....HELP

al204
1-Newbie

rounds and transitions fail....HELP

Hello folks,
I´m having a difficult time creating a particular round. It says references of user-defined transitions have been lost. What can I do??
What are transitions for? How am I supposed to use them?
I have attached an image of the edge over which the round is to be created.
It is at the intersection of the handle with the rest of a bottle, so it should be created on both sides of the handle.
Only the right side is shown.
thanks in advance, best regards

Al.
1 REPLY 1
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:al204)

"References of user-defined transitions have been lost" is the new "failed to intersect the part" error for rounds. It's meaningless, deceiving actually, since it almost always occurs when there are no user defined transitions in the round feature.

I've found that chasing down the transition error is an exercise in futility. Typically there is another issue with the geometry somewhere. Take a good look at the preview for the round for any goofy looking geometry. Also try various radii to see if you can either get it to work or better see why it's failing. Even if it's not the radius that you want, getting it to build at another value my show you what's wrong.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags