cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

shade quality

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

shade quality

hi all, does anyone know how to change the shade quality, so that when you open a session it is automatically set to 10, the default setting is 3.
4 REPLIES 4

There isn't a config.pro option for this (I wish there was), the way I get round this is to have PRo/ENGINEER run a trail file on start-up to configure those extra settings. To do this create a trail file which sets what you require - mine called shade.txt looks something like this: !trail file version No. 1350 !Pro/ENGINEER TM Wildfire 3.0 (c) 2006 by Parametric Technology Corporation All Rights Reserved. ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1` \ 1 `View` ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `View.cb_view_advanced` ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1` ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `View.cb_view_advanced` ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_view_mdldisp` ~ Select `modeldisplay` `ModDsply_Tab` \ 1 `ModDsply_Layout_Shade` ~ Update `modeldisplay` `ModDsply_SB_ShadeQlty` \ 10 ~ Activate `modeldisplay` `ModDsply_PB_OK` !End of Trail File Now change the shortcut which you use to start Pro/ENGINEER to run the trail file - right click the shortcut to properties, and change the target to something similar to: "D:\ptc\proeWildfire 3.0\bin\proe.exe" "D:\PTCData\shade.txt"

I had hoped it would be a simple config option but never mind, thank you for your solution. regards John

Hi John, There is another easy way which is not quite as automatic as Andy's. I create Map Keys so that I have 3 Map Keys available, HQ,MQ and LQ which are pretty obviously High Quality, Medium Quality and Low Quality. Just record the normal Key Strokes you use and save it as the Key combination you want to use. The nice thing about using the Map Keys function is that you can also Load your Light Files and anything else you want in the actual Map Key recording so you can build up a number of commands into a simple 2 key sequence. Regards

thank you for your reply Paul, that is the approach i have adopted up to now. Regards john
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags