cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Tabs for Multiple Files

simistermike
4-Participant

Tabs for Multiple Files

I am wondering how, if I have multiple files open at once, how I toggle between them? Solidworks and Inventor both have the tabs at the bottom of the screen and I really liked that feature.

Is there an option like that in creo?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:simistermike)

I have the "windows" icon in my quick selection toolbar. It is also under the view tab, Windows

windows.jpg

There is a product "idea" for adding tabs for seeing what models are open.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Ideas/Use-Tabs-for-open-models-drawings-in-Creo-like-in-ProE-IE/idi-p/467652

llie
16-Pearl
(To:StephenW)

We were able to do them back in Wildfire 3.0 ad 4.0 and then they took away the command from the options menu. It was tabbed across the top of the window.

We have been asking them to bring it back since Wildfire 4.0. I showed it at a PTC Tech Committee meeting at PTC and they were surprised and didn't know that function was there.

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:simistermike)

You can accomplish this via the normal windows taskbar and the config.pro option activate_window_automatically yes. I'm not sure PTC would put any effort forth in creating new tabs when the functionality is built into Windows itself. Regards, Dan N.
llie
16-Pearl
(To:dnordin)

PTC improvements have always been about minimizing mouse travel. If you are moving your mouse around the top of the window between the different toolbars and icons, why not enable tabs like OneNote that shows each Section.

When we were able to do it back in WF3/WF4, the tab showed the name of each file open.In windows taskbar you still have to mouse over the taskbar, then over the creo icon to get the open Creo window icon to show, then pick the Creo icon to open.

It was much easier seeing every open window tabbed under the menu bar.

Top Tags