cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

unable to group copy geom features in skeleton

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

unable to group copy geom features in skeleton

I'm working with Creo 2 M130 and find that I am unable to group copy geom features in a skeleton.  I can't think of a good reason for this.  Does anybody know of one?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JLG)
2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JLG)
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

The referenced document says:

• Historically import features and independent geometries cannot be grouped.
  • In order for a feature to be grouped it is required to be possible to copy it and/or add it in a User Defined Feature. Import feature and independent geometries cannot be copied or added to UDF.
  • in the case of External Copy Geometry the reference models must be in session

I didn't know there were these restrictions on what could be grouped, so I learned something new!

In my case, the copy geom features are indeed external copy geom features, but the reference model is in session when I try to group the features.  Perhaps it's because the referenced model is a part with assembly cuts (now that I think about it)?

I'm going to mark this as a correct answer because I suspect this is as close as I'm going to get.  Many thanks!  But if anyone else has any more insights, please share!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags