cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

units behind dimensions

MichaelDouglas
8-Gravel

units behind dimensions

I need to put unit behind dual dimensions.  I can manually put the "in" behind the top line but cannot put the "mm" behind the second line.  Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Michael,

There is no direct option available by which units can be shown next to dual dimensions.

I would suggest to add text next to the dimension and set the drawing option dual_digits_diff such that to have minimum number of decimal places to the secondary dimension. It will reduce the gap between dimension and text.

Thanks,

Amit

‌Is it a requirement? This situation is usually covered with a general note.

‌they want it this way for the manuals

The best way is probably to pad the end of the dimension with spaces, either in the suffix or after @D in the dimension properties. Create a note with the units, use the grid properties to align the note with the dimension, and associate the note with the dimension so that if it moves the note moves with it.

You can also use super-scripts and sub-scripts but the units get oriented on with the primary dimension so they appear shifted up.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags