cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

use a construction line as reference

Redro
7-Bedrock

use a construction line as reference

hello

i make a sketch and i want to extrude , but creo don't allow me to extrude because i have intersection

i want  to make a trick ... i want to make there circle  in my case as construction circle and when i exit i want to see in exterior from sketch , i create a three points but i do not see in tree to use as refference and create three holes.

can somebody give me a solution  for my problem ?

construction line as reference.PNG

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Redro)

Hi,

you can create Sketch feature (i.e. planar datum curve) and use it as reference in several following features.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

use command shown on picture to remove unwanted parts of intersected geometry circles.

delseg.png

MH

Martin Hanák

yes your answer is good but my idea is to use construction lines in other extrude for example as refference

is a posibility for this?

somebody have other ideas?

tks

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You can't use construction lines outside of the sketch, they are for construction of the sketch only.

If you add a datum point within sketcher, it creates a point you can use as a reference  (or an axis if it's a sketch within an extrude.

sketcherdatum.jpg

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

you can create Sketch feature (i.e. planar datum curve) and use it as reference in several following features.

MH

Martin Hanák
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags