cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

use of "main_dlg_cur" command for mapkeys -- from Wildfire5.0 to Creo1.0

dmeschberger
1-Newbie

use of "main_dlg_cur" command for mapkeys -- from Wildfire5.0 to Creo1.0

Has anyone come across mapkeys not working in Creo 1.0 due to the change in format from drop down menus to "tabs"? I'm thinking it has to do with the main_dlg_cur command being void due to the change over?? Can some one confirm this and let me know an alternate command to use....if so?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

You will have to update your "main_dlg_cur"-mapkeys to reflect internal commands.

Use this config.pro option: cmdmgr_trail_output YES

Your ProE trail file then consists mostly of commands like these
~ Command `ProCmdModelOpen`
instead of
~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `File.psh_open`

The first one also works in Creo 1.0

So anyone still on Wildfire can already update their mapkeys to use the ~ Command commands.
Then chances are that many mapkeys still work in Creo 1.0.

Kind regards,

Olaf Corten

Olaf Corten
CAD/PLM Manager
Fico B.V.
Ratio 6, Duiven
Phone: +31 26 3196215
Mobile: +31 644548554
www.besi.com

To: -
Date: 29-11-2011 16:34
Subject: [proecad] - use of "main_dlg_cur" command for mapkeys -- from Wildfire5.0 to Creo1.0

Has anyone come across mapkeys not working in Creo 1.0 due to the change in format from drop down menus to "tabs"? I'm thinking it has to do with the main_dlg_cur command being void due to the change over?? Can some one confirm this and let me know an alternate command to use....if so?

Thanks

Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Send new post via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:

To be clear, that config option needs to be set prior to recording the
mapkeys. There's no way to 'update' existing mapkeys aside from
re-recording them, right?

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Yep, that's right. The mapkeys won't update automatically. Sorry, I wasn't clear about that.     

The steps you need to do to update a mapkey are:     
Open the config.pro with a text editorset the config option cmdmgr_trail_output YES and save the config.pro(re)start ProEfind all mapkeys with "main_dlg_cur" commands (e.g. ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `File.psh_open` )Update them manuallySmiley Tongueerform the same mapkey step(s) in ProEopen your trail file with a text editorlook at the latest added lines at the bottom (e.g. ~ Command `ProCmdModelOpen` )Replace the "main_dlg_cur" commands with the "~ Command" commands in the config.pro.And while you're at it: remove all ~Select - ~ Close combinations. They're not needed.Save the config.proOr Re-Record themSmiley Surprisedpen the Mapkey dialoguePre-Creo1: Tools-> Mapkeys-> [select mapkey]-> Modify-> Record Creo1: File-> Options-> Environment-> Mapkeys Settings-> [select mapkey]-> Modify-> Record Now perform the same mapkey step(s) in ProEStop the recording and save.     
(Note when re-recording them you will get duplicate mapkeys in your config.pro. The last one will be the newest.)     

Kind regards,     

Olaf Corten     

Olaf Corten     
CAD/PLM Manager     
Fico B.V.     
Ratio 6, Duiven     
Phone: +31 26 3196215     
Mobile: +31 644548554     
www.besi.com     

To:        -     
Date:        29-11-2011 19:26     
Subject:        [proecad] - RE: use of "main_dlg_cur" command for mapkeys -- from Wildfire5.0 to Creo1.0     

To be clear, that config option needs to be set prior to recording the mapkeys.  There’s no way to ‘update’ existing mapkeys aside from re-recording them, right?     

Doug Schaefer     

I was hoping that you had some magic way of updating them as I have quite a few mapkeys, many of which were recorded before I set that option.

However, I did discover that by running the mapkey after the option is set, it’s recorded in the trail file properly, although somewhat disjointedly. That makes it a bit easier to update than going through the mouse clicks all over again.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

All,

Attached is a list of 74 mapkeys in the new single line format: e.g. mapkey rr ~ Command `ProCmdViewRepaint`;

These were all created in Creo pro 5 so I'm not sure if they'll all work in Creo 1.0

Just change the letters to your preference or use as is…

Mike Foster

Thanks Mike.

I've not typed a mapkey (except 'z' for zoom) in a long time. Instead I
open the mapkey window and move it to a second monitor. Double click
runs the mapkeys. Biggest advantage is no more cryptic letter
combinations - essentially what appears in column C on the spreadsheet
are the mapkeys I have.

Now if I could only get the model tree pried loose to the second
monitor... (tree_independent doesn't work for me.)

Dave S.

On 11/30/2011 11:26 AM, Foster, Mike (Goleta) wrote:
>
> All,
>
> Attached is a list of 74 mapkeys in the new single line format: e.g.
> /mapkey rr ~ Command `ProCmdViewRepaint`;/
>
> These were all created in Creo pro 5 so I'm not sure if they'll all
> work in Creo 1.0
>
> Just change the letters to your preference or use as is…
>
> Mike Foster
>
> *From:*Olaf Corten [
> -- from Wildfire5.0 to Creo1.0
>
> Yep, that's right. The mapkeys won't update automatically. Sorry, I
> wasn't clear about that.
>
> The steps you need to do to update a mapkey are:
>
> 1. Open the config.pro with a text editor
>
> 2. set the config option cmdmgr_trail_output YESand save the config.pro
>
>...

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags