cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

version

emathivanan
1-Newbie

version

How to open the older version file directly??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you use a search engine with a phrase like "Creo open old version file" you'll find that this is a simple thing to do.

Of course, the picks you'll need to do depend on what version of Creo you're running, but the basic method is the same.

(1) As previously suggested, clear out your memory.

(2) Do File -> Open

(3) Click on the "Tools" tab, then check the "All Versions" box.

(4) The list of files will be expanded to include all the numbered versions of the files, and you can pick whichever one you want.

I don't know what will happen if you modify the opened file and then save it. Presumably, it will be saved with the next available number for its version, but you'll have to experiment with it to find out.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

to  open  the older version file 

erase not displayed

clear memory of part that is to open

If you use a search engine with a phrase like "Creo open old version file" you'll find that this is a simple thing to do.

Of course, the picks you'll need to do depend on what version of Creo you're running, but the basic method is the same.

(1) As previously suggested, clear out your memory.

(2) Do File -> Open

(3) Click on the "Tools" tab, then check the "All Versions" box.

(4) The list of files will be expanded to include all the numbered versions of the files, and you can pick whichever one you want.

I don't know what will happen if you modify the opened file and then save it. Presumably, it will be saved with the next available number for its version, but you'll have to experiment with it to find out.

Kenneth Farley wrote:

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the case.  If your latest saved version is .prt.15, and you open .prt.10 and then save it, it saves as .prt.16.

Yep, that's how it works. 

Also, you don't need to clear memory, you can open an older iteration with the latest in memory. Creo will prompt you for a new file name when opening the second version. Handy for comparing with an older version on disk.

Also, if you know the version you want you can click on the file in the open dialog, then manually add the ".XX" at the bottom of the dialog, then hit open.  Creo will open the version you specify.  Again, I use this all the time to bring up the last one saved.  If Creo has thing.prt.23 open, I can select open, click on thing.prt and add the .22 manually to get the last version.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

thank u

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags