Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Sketch in part mode

3D Sketch in part mode

Hello,

Customers are asking 3D sketch in part or assembly mode.

Currently users have to create points or make an intersections of 2 planar sketches ( this method depends on user imagination and it is hard to anticipate  result ) in order to create a basic 3d curve.

On the other hand in piping extention user can create a 3d curve/sketch easily, no time losted and result is perfectly mathes with user expectation.

My question is why software managers do not decide to bring this functioanlity into the part mode, designers commonly use 3D sketches in their daily work.

Thanks in advance for the consideration

Best Regards,

Serkan ACAROGLU

5 Comments
Participant

My company switched from Solid Works to Creo per corporate requirement.  We make complex castings and coring is the main feature.  The inability to create 3D sketches has forced us to revert back to SW.  Added this capabilty into Creo would be a HUGE improvement.

3D Sketch is available in NX and solidworks. I think PTC should add 3D Sketch for us. Only 2D sketch is not enough at all

Creo Parametric and Creo Elements/Direct Modeling are two different product. Few users can buy these two products at the same time. I just care Creo Parametric functionality, and never use Creo Elements/Direct Modeling

Use AAX and TDD techniques. Pass just about any position and or geometric data out to any part you need including a 3D curve (made many ways). AAX will provide a single point to make sweeping changes to the entire assembly including your beloved 3D curve. The 3D Curve can be made from multiple 2d sketches, a composite of the 2d sketches,a 3D datum curve, and or using the old pipe command if a tube is what you are after. Try adding points in space either referencing coordinate systems or geometry and use the datum curve command if you do not owns AAX. Be aware of CRC files and the pitfalls of part to part referencing/bottom up techniques. I love Creo, but there is more to know about what not to do than there is learning a technique of how to do something.

I have provided the start for a long journey of discovery if you take the first step.

You don't need to change to SW or NX trust me.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged