Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D dragger in assembly - allow a defualt to be set in the Config.pro

3D dragger in assembly - allow a defualt to be set in the Config.pro

Please add a config option to allow the user to turn off the 3D dragger by default when assembly an component in an assembly. The current functionality is the 3D Dragger is on when a new session of Creo is started. Upon assembling the first component, the user, if they chose, has to turn off the 3D Dragger. The concept of adding a user controlled option is synonymous to having on option for datum display and spin center display.

4 Comments
Sapphire II

I just wanted to add an image to this idea. This is the main reason I would like a Config option to turn off the 3D Dragger.  When trying to assemble this part, it is almost competely obscured by the 3D Dragger. I either have to zoom up considerably on the component or I have to turn off the 3D Dragger. I do use it occassionally but in general I turn it off with every session of CREO. Seems like a pretty simple concept to add a Config.pro option so I can turn it off and then if I want to use it, I would simply turn it on. Just like the spin center, it has a config option to allow the user to choose how it starts when the session starts

obscured-part.jpg

3D Dragger is one the great functionality of creo which allow user to orient the model in any direction as required. Use the below option to assemble in a much

easier way.

3D Dragger.jpg

Sapphire II

I don't disagree that it can be very useful. I have trouble when I need to pick a constraint for component placement and I can not pick that surface because the dragger is in the way. I simply want to be able to set a config option to turn it off by default (something I do for every session of CREO) and then I can toggle it on when I want to use it.

Just like the spin center, as a user, I have it turned off by default, but if I want to use it, I turn it on.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged