1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Design systems / assemblies to address client challenges - from initial concept to delivering final product.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 8
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. A system Parameter containing the working directory path would allow a drawing to be 'parametrically' documented with the directory file location in which that drawing was developed. A requirement of some quality control procedures is to know and record the file directory of the source of the document. A Creo system parameter that can be accessed within a drawing would allow this to be parametric instead of having to enter the path manually. This would be a 'Creo' system parameter - available within drawings without the use of any product data management.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Currently, the entry of data indicating the working directory path is a manual operation. This could be automated and better serve quality control procedures and proper documentation
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Minimize and assure adequate documentation is timely and accurately available within the design and documentation phases of a project.