Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A system Parameter containing the working directory path

A system Parameter containing the working directory path

A system Parameter containing the working directory path would allow a drawing to be documented with the directory file location in which that drawing was developed.   A requirement of some quality control procedures is to know and record the file directory of the source of the document.  A Creo system parameter that can be accessed within a drawing would allow this to be parametric instead of having to enter the path manually.  This would be a 'Creo' system parameter - available within drawings without the use of any product data management.

6 Comments
Participant

Yes! We are cutting and pasting this at the moment. Needless to say it doesn't always get updated.

hello, file_open_default_folder working_directory in config.pro is no option isnt it?

Emerald III

I think that in case that data are saved in Windchill PDM system, this request does not make any sense.

MH

Amethyst

Some of us don't have any PDM

Emerald III

I know, that some companies don't have PDM. I think that from PTC's point of view, having PDM system is an absolute necessity, when your data volume is large. Therefore do not expect that PTC implements suggested enhacement. Instead of waiting for PTC to do something, develop your own custom application which resolves your needs.

MH

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged