1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Aerospace, CAD User, CAD Users
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? Creo 7
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
The idea is to be able to bookmark commonly used components for assembly. These could be common fasteners or things like models of torque wrenches that are used quick for clearance checks but not needed as part of the final design.
We are in the process of adding this feature through the use of mapkeys, but it would be nice if there was a way for each individual to do this to their own session without needing to create individual mapkeys and editing the GUI on their own.
We will have an assembly button with a drop down that lists common components that we want.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Some components might have long or hard to remember component file names. Currently users have to search for the component name and then pick it out amongst the list of search results, and then add it to the Creo assembly. This can be difficult if they were not the ones that named it in the first place and it has a somewhat ambiguous name.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
It would save time doing searches and adding the components, but it would also increase the quality of product by making it easier for the engineers to do quick volume checks.