1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
We develop an addin to Creo Parametric related to CFD domain. Our tool has a tool of creating custom images which is highly demaned by users.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?
v3 and all the newer
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Our addin provides a tool of creating custom images, including orignal model plus additional graphics. We try to reproduce the whole picture in general as it a user sees it in Parametric's view window. In particular, we extract model tesselation and its visual properties, background colours and light sources. We use ProLightSourcesGet() function to enumerate light sources as in "Lights..." page of "Scene Editor" dialog. The issue is that ProLightInfo structure is missing a flag/field describing "Lock To" setting.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
Custom image creation tool is quite popular among users. They usually use it to share visuals of simulation results and to create reports.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Happy users experiencing no visual artefacts