cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Accuracy Handling option for loading SolidWork Native file (*.sldprt) into Modeling

Add Accuracy Handling option for loading SolidWork Native file (*.sldprt) into Modeling

For current functionality of V19.0, when load SolidWork Native file (*.sldprt) into Creo Elements/Direct Modeling, user cannot select/change accuracy.

Please add "Accuracy Handling" option for loading SolidWork Native file (*.sldprt) in Modeling, just like load IGES file.

2 Comments

This will be a big plus for our company librarian to work with multiple component suppliers without going very painful steps to get higher accuracy of geo resolution, e.g. 1xE-6mm. I strongly recommend.

Participant

If I open a SolidWorks Native file (*.sldprt) in Modeling, I got e.g. a part resolution of 0.0035mm. Export the same part in SolidWorks as a step file and Import it into Modeling with STEP Option "granite", I got the same part resolution of 0.0035mm. But when I Import the same step file with STEP Option "direct", I got the Default part Resolution of 0.000001mm! SolidWorks calculates with a absolute precision of 1.0E-8. It would be great if Modeling could use the absolute parasolid precision of 1.0E-8 when opening SolidWorks Native files (*.sldprt or *.sldasm).