Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add SVG Export functionality in Creo Parametric Drawings

Add SVG Export functionality in Creo Parametric Drawings

Svg file format is the 2D standard for web browsers. Creo Parametric has to have this export option!

Created case 12997908. The response was:

Dear Nicola

I’m from PTC technical support. Thank you for submitting your question.

SVG format export is indeed not part of Creo Parametric or Creo View functionalities. This is confirmed by the following article: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS134024

Unfortunately I don’t have the answer to your question. Technical Support is responsible for what the software currently is. Technical Support does not have an eye of things to come.

I would suggest that you get in touch with sales and presales. Our colleagues are more aware about these types of questions.

If you believe SVG is an important feature R&D should include in a coming release I suggest that you file an enhancement idea by following the instructions: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS67713

As a workaround, I would suggest that you look into the above article and find a file format that enables you to keep working. A substitue to SVG could be .obj and generally neutral formats such as IGES or STEP format.

Please tell me if there is something I can do for your case. Else confirm the case can be closed.

Thank you for your understanding.

6 Comments
Aquamarine

I have managed to export DXF files from Creo and import that to InkScape and save it as SVG from there. There might be a possibility to somehow automate conversion process. InkScape is a free open source software.

Of course it would save a lot of time if it could be done directly in Creo.

Garnet

Hello Jari, I tested InkScape in the past because I read about it in some forum but the result did not look good. InkScape made picture as svg instead a vectorial format. Instead, did you get a better result? If yes I can retry (pheraps I used wrong options)

Thanks

Aquamarine

Hello Nicola, I managed to import a DXF file from Creo to InkScape and it was vector graphics. Although that was only a wireframe (without hidden lines) and no colored surfaces. I remember one of our users having problems with DXF export from Creo and I think it was because he had colored surfaces in his drawing.

So your idea is very valid especially for colored drawings.

Good idea!!!

Participant

Microsoft dropped import of CGM with Office 2013 and even while it was still technically supported in Office 2010, frequently the filter file (cgmimp32.flt) would change requiring a manual edit of the registry to enable the import again. Now, looks like the next best vector graphics import option supported in Office 2016 is SVG.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged