Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add all family table instances in drawing by one click

Add all family table instances in drawing by one click

If i make drawing with family tables i must to add all of members of this table in drawing, and here is one disadvantage - i can't add all of family members by one click at the same time. I can't do it. I only need one button "add all instances". If you have a lot of instances (>50) your work become a torture.

4 Comments
mender
6-Contributor

Right now, for that sort of automation, you'd probably want to look into using customization (Toolkit or another of the APIs).  For the idea, it sounds to me that you'd need/want more than just adding the models to be useful, and I'm interested to know what the finished product would look like, so we can contemplate what the project would look like.  In particular, are you looking at a drawing of N sheets, one for each instance of the part, and each sheet has views/dimensions/etc as per a template (like File>New>Drawing>Use template)?  Or something completely different?

kfilurin
12-Amethyst

Hi, Matthew!

I just want to make drawings easier and faster,especially drawings with instances. You are right - my finnaly purpose to have detail drawing with different variants and variable dimensions. Also i need associative table on a field of drawing with variable dimensions and other parameters - mass, for example. Importantly - i already have all this parameters in family table in a part, it will be cool use it for making drawing. Here is also my idea about it Easy way to put family table in your drawing‌ And here is simple example (on image).background714.png

mender
6-Contributor

Okay. it sounds like what you're looking for is not at all what my guess above it, but instead putting a representation of the family table on the drawing.  I'm not sure why you would need to add each instance as a model in this case, that you wouldn't just use a 2d repeat region... oh wait.  You have mass in there, which isn't part of the family table itself, but rather of each individual instance model.  So you're building the whole table by hand?  Yes, that'd be rough work.  If I were doing it (and doing more than a couple) I'd look into employing customization (Toolkit or other programmatic APIs) to build out the table just the way my company standard likes it.

To enhance family tables to know something about derived/resultant values, like mass properties, which could then be communicated to a repeat region in a drawing table, is an interesting idea, though would be a good bit of work.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.