Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add customizable colors in the "ProColortype" enumeration

Add customizable colors in the "ProColortype" enumeration

Hello,

I am Etienne ARNAL, developper for OPTIS SAS in France, Gold Partner of PTC.

I am in charge of the integration of OPTIS light modeling facilities inside ProENGINEER and CREO PTC Products:

http://www.optis-world.com/products/software/speos_CREO.html

As a regular user of ProToolkit in ProE WF4&5 and Creo 1&2, I am familiar with the development with ProToolkit.

But I have a big problem for the development of one of our applications regarding colors in External Objects:

I use the new ProToolkit functionnality "ProDispdatEntsWithColorSet" in order to set colors of lines in the 3D view.

The last input of this function is an array of "ProColortype" with colors defined and used by the software.

Therefore, if I modify one of the "ProColortype" with a personnal rgb color, it will disrupt the colors of the software (for geometry preview, highlight, ...) !

Also, it will be very usefull to add customizable colors in the "ProColortype" enumeration.

Something like

PRO_COLOR_PERSO_1

PRO_COLOR_PERSO_50

In this way, Pro Toolkit user may make its own colors without interfering with the software color scheme.

I look forward to hearing from you,

6 Comments
Moonstone

Hi Etienne,

in my opinion your idea/requirement is a little bit too specific for the community.

As your company is Gold Partner of PTC I'd recommend, that you directly contact PTC's R&D department.

Best regards, Domenic

It's what I did. I create a Case in PTC Support webpage.

But the Technical Support Engineer told that it was an enhancement request.

And to post the subject here.

Moonstone

I assumed, that PTC's software partners have deeper contact with the developers.

Because I'm also developing with Pro/TOOLKIT I give you my vote, although it's too specific for me.

Thanks for the vote.

And I would like to have deeper contact with the developers. So please contact me if you read me developpers.

Are Pro/TOOLKIT Developers here ?

Nobody has problems with ProColortype customization ?

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived