Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add more Greek letters into drawing text symbol library

Add more Greek letters into drawing text symbol library

Add more Greek letters into drawing text symbol library, for example, less than or equal to, greater than or equal to,PI .Inconvenient to use the current function, enter the Greek font. cannot copy from Word and Excel, have to change the font to cal_grek

6 Comments

Even better, set it up so it works like MS Word Insert Symbol. 

Amethyst

please use Unicode for this. I made a separate idea for that here Support Unicode once for all to include Chinese, Russian, Japanese etc.

Then its fully compatible with other applications that also support Unicode like Word and Excel.

In Creo 4.0, we will be providing a comprehensive multi-language font (Arial WGL), that will have the full Greek character set.

So, while we're not including the Greek characters in the symbol font gallery, you can add them to a note if the font is set to Arial WGL (available in Creo 4.0).

Also worth noting is that the Univers OTS font, which is currently available in Creo 2.0 and 3.0 also includes Greek characters.

And, yes, it uses Unicode, so you can copy/paste text from other applications into Creo.

Hi Raphael, since Creo 4.0 is released, could you please share more detailed info about this topics?

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

related issue: if an annotation is created in the model, there is no font associated with it - the greek symbol cannot have its font changed to cal_grek.  when i call that note in a drawing with the "&" command, i cannot change the font of individual characters, only the entire note.

Instead of typing "μm" in notes i am spelling out "micrometer".  

Please add ability to pass Greek symbols from model to drawing - they are used frequently in engineering work!