cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Add one level up, or select parent function

0 Kudos

Add one level up, or select parent function

Add back a function that just selects parent so I can use it in my mapkey. Nobody got time to look at that tree and desipher from the part name which parent they want. We just want to click a part on the screen and keep smashing our 'select parent' mapkey until the appropriate parent is highlighted.

6 Comments
StephenW
23-Emerald II

It's still there, RMB Select parent. (at least in Creo 4, maybe it disappeared in more recent releases?)

I assume you can also record it to a mapkey.

select-parent.jpg

ZaneGE
3-Visitor

I had to customize to get that in my menu, but sure enough, it works. Thanks!!!

HBreton
6-Contributor

For some reason that only works for in in the model tree, not in the graphics area.  "Select Parent" is greyed out when I try to add it to the shortcut menu.  I created a Mapkey with the one in the model tree but it only works there, not when I select a component in the graphics.  I'm using CREO 10,0.

Thanks for any help,

ptc1315006_0-1687083892588.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Have you tried the Select from Parents button?  Select a surface and you can select any level above it.

kdirth_0-1687177330847.png

HBreton
6-Contributor

I've seen the select from parent but I prefer the select parent function.  Easier and quicker for me.

But thanks for the suggestion.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.