cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Add polar/angular ordinate dimensions with parallel to witness line text orientation

Add polar/angular ordinate dimensions with parallel to witness line text orientation

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
I am CAD administrator for a company that manufactures powered two-wheelers (those that you can sit on).

Stakeholders would be design engineers and suppliers/manufacturing engineers.

2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?
4.0 (8.0, 9.0)

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
I am trying to achieve a dimensioning scheme like this:

HugoKTM_1-1662649356121.png

ISO 129-1 (2004) section 8.3:

Dimensional values may be placed either
- near the terminator, in line with the corresponding extension line...

4. What is the use case for your organization?
ISO 129-1 compliance.

More robust dimensions.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Time saved by less manual tweaking of the dimensions.

Standards compliance.

2 Comments
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @Hugo-KTM  for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.

Hugo-KTM
11-Garnet

It is possible to create something similar to linear ordinate dimension by formatting (dimension origin or arrow style "dot/filled dot") and aligning the angular dimensions, but there is a visual difference.

If I read the ISO 129-1 standard correctly, Creo Parametric is not following that standard. The ISO standard uses the dimension origin circle to mark the base of the ordinate dimension, Creo Parametric uses a filled dot.