cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Add the missing Search Tab near Model Tree on Creo Parametric 8.0.4

0 Kudos

Add the missing Search Tab near Model Tree on Creo Parametric 8.0.4

We used to have a search tab next to Model tree, Folders, Favorites. Looks it's been removed in Creo 8.0.4. It's very useful option to search a model without going to Windchill web page, while working on other models. We request the Creo developer's team to get it back in next Creo 8 date code or version.

4 Comments
TomU
23-Emerald IV

It was intentionally removed by product management starting with Creo 8.0.  It's still missing in Creo 9.0 (and most likely 10.0 since that's nearing completion.)  Maybe with enough votes they will consider bringing it back in some future version (11.0, 12.0, etc.), but it certainly won't be in 8.0.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs353916

TomU_0-1665685452787.png

selango
6-Contributor

Hi @TomU,

Thanks, I too saw that. 

Many Creo users in our company asking for the search tab again. Hope PTC Developers will notice this Idea and get back PDM Search tab 

nvelpanur
14-Alexandrite
Status changed to: Alternate Solution

Hi @selango , I'd be curious to know what the workflows are that would require the embedded PDMlink search.tab that couldn't be solved using Windchill search.

JamesAvis
13-Aquamarine

I have users asking for this, too, and was going to point them this direction, but because there's another way to search in Windchill, this idea cannot receive more votes?  Yet the article about it being removed says "To request a change in the functionality, refer to Product Ideas @ PTC Community". I guess that means PTC is saying it's gone, end of discussion.