Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow ModelCheck on Bulk Items

Allow ModelCheck on Bulk Items

We use ModelCheck and GateKeeper to maintain a level of control over models being used in Creo and Windchill and verify CAD standards.

Today in Creo 2 and 3 you cannot directly run ModelCheck on bulk items.

All items should be able to be ModelChecked.

7 Comments
lwestbrook
15-Moonstone
Status changed to: Acknowledged

llie
14-Alexandrite

@lwestbrook  I see you acknowledged this in 2019. So was there a change in Creo 5 ModelCheck where it does now check bulk files? We made the move to Creo 5 and now it is checking our bulk files.

lwestbrook
15-Moonstone
Status changed to: Current Functionality

A change was made to some APIs back in Creo 4.0. One of the impacts of this is that bulk items are now processed by ModelCHECK.

llie
14-Alexandrite

Can you please confirm that we can still do a no check on bulk file type like harness and skeleton. I tried the following in the condition.mcc file and it still checked the bulk files. It will not allow me to attach an image.

IF (MODEL_TYPE EQ PRT_BULK) NOCHECK
IF (MODEL_TYPE EQ PRT_HARNESS) NOCHECK
IF (MODEL_TYPE EQ PRT_SKELETON) NOCHECK

We actually have to use a parameter called TYPE in our Bulk files as shown below to get NO CHECK to work on that file type.

IF (TYPE EQ BULK) NOCHECK
IF (MODEL_TYPE EQ PRT_HARNESS) NOCHECK
IF (MODEL_TYPE EQ PRT_SKELETON) NOCHECK

llie
14-Alexandrite

I found out the following from a PTC Principal Application Engineer.

“there was a change made to the code in the Creo 4.0 timeframe, where we started using a different API. It appears to have had a side effect in that it enabled ModelCHECK to check Bulk part files. For some customers this is an enhancement! The problem is, because we never technically intended for that to happen, we also didn’t provide the necessary controls that other file types have.  Specifically, where ModelCHECK apparently used to automatically skip Bulk files, it no longer does so.  We don’t have a Bulk file MODEL_TYPE that we can use in the conditions file to tell ModelCHECK to skip them (as we have for Harnesses and Skeletons).”

lwestbrook
15-Moonstone

@llie Just to clarify the above: that is my best guess for what happened (what you've quoted is from an email I sent to the AE 🙂). I am following up with our development team to see if I have missed anything. There definitely was a change done in the Creo 4.0 timeframe (which I stated in an above comment), but I'm not completely certain in my assessment of the rest of the issue. It is possible that there are other means of skipping Bulk file types that I'm not aware of. Please stay tuned.

llie
14-Alexandrite

As shown in my image above we use a parameter in our Bulk files called TYPE set to BULK so ModelCheck will do a NOCHECK.