1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Design and manufacture of components for off-road and over-the-road vehicles. I am a designer. The stakeholders are all users of creo.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 220.127.116.11
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. I am again playing the reorder game in Creo. I have to make "dummy" features (usually a csys) to facilitate reordering and inserting new features in my model.
In the above image I can move CS3 directly to only the green lines. If I try to place it below DTM42 it will end up below the suppressed feature(s) below it (yellow line). If I successfully place it somewhere above the suppressed features at the bottom, I can then move it to the top of the suppressed features (orange line). Also, I can not move a feature to the bottom of the tree if the last feature is suppressed.
Also, related or not, moving the insert bar has similar issues with suppressed features. This limits where a new feature can be added in the tree, causing the need for more reordering.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Eliminate the extra steps required to reorder the model tree.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Save time, money and frustration when reordering and adding to the model tree.