1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We design and manufacture high-end electronics. I am the CAD Manager / PTC SME. Stakeholders for this idea include our Creo user community.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 22.214.171.124
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Case - C16702146
SPR - 14328925
When importing an EMN into an existing PCB CAD assembly, we can see the changes that the EMN file is recommending. In some designs, we can have thousands of components with hundreds of changes that need to be reviewed. Many of those changes, like resistors, or small chips, we may not care about. It would be great to be able to select multiple components at the same time to 'change status' and review the proposed changes. Going through one at a time is quite tedious.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Our organization designs hundreds of products a year, practically all with PCBs inside. We are trying to leverage the IDF standard as much as we can (since the IDX is not available as part of the licensing for our ECAD licenses). In order to have the engineers leverage the tool, it needs to be easy and stress free for them. This is one of the ways it can help speed up their process.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? By improving the basic usability, the users will begin to leverage the tool, which can help speed up the collaboration process and bring our products to market quicker with less issues.