cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Allow user to set default hole type when exporting IDF, IDX files

Allow user to set default hole type when exporting IDF, IDX files

Holes that are not given an ECAD_HOLE_TYPE parameter value are exported as PIN type holes in the IDF (and I presume, IDX) file.

Most holes specified by MCAD in a board design are mounting holes, not pin holes. It would be useful to be able to set the default value when exporting so that users don't have to manually edit the ECAD_HOLE_TYPE parameter for each hole they add to the board. I would suggest adding a config.pro parameter to set the default type as follows:

ECAD_DEFAULT_HOLE_TYPE (pin*, mtg, tool, via, other) where PIN is the default to maintain upward compatibility and "other" is any user-defined value (to conform to the IDF 3.0 specification).

4 Comments
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Dave you have to vote for your idea.

jwagh
16-Pearl

Great idea! Our ECAD team recently switched to Xpedition, and they are not reading in our holes due to this. Have you figured any workaround?

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.