1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. I am a global product design leader within Cummins, Inc. Part of my role is to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of CAD users.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 126.96.36.199
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. In a drawing, the RMB>'Add View Label' command is only available if the 'make_aux_view_notes' and 'make_proj_view_notes' config options are set to "yes". These config settings create view notes/labels for every auxiliary/projection view that is created. The RMB>'Add View Label' functionality really only provides value to reinstate a view note/label that was initially created and has since been deleted (or up-fitting existing drawings that were created with the "no" config values). Significant value would be provided if view labels were not generated for all projection/auxiliary views created (i.e.- config options at "no"), with the user having the ability to easily add a view label only the the views they needed.
4. What is the use case for your organization? View labels (along with corresponding projection arrows) are most valuable when a view is a removed projected or auxiliary view (i.e.- no longer aligned with the view from which it is projected). The most common practice is for a drawing to have projected/auxiliary views that remain aligned to their parent view. For these aligned proj/aux views (which would be the vast majority of views), there is no need to have a view label or the corresponding projection arrows. It would be most beneficial to be able to establish a default state where the view notes/labels are not generated for all projected/auxiliary views while still enabling users to easily add a view label to the individual views they choose. Currently, projection arrows can be added no matter what the config option settings are. This request aligns with that intent of being able to easily add a view label whenever desired no matter the value of these related config options.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Improve efficiency and accuracy of drawing creation. Currently, we have customized symbols to help facilitate ease of applying standard view labels. Being able to use the embedded Creo functionality instead of the customized symbols would allow the same definition to occur faster, while also maintaining connectivity between the displayed view name in the view label and the view name in the projection arrow - both being driven from the populated name of the view in Creo, otherwise at least one of them is driven manually without any connectivity to the actual view.