Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anisotropic Scaling in Drafting/Annotation

Anisotropic Scaling in Drafting/Annotation

My name is Oscar and I'm engineer at Frost Converting Systems - company that desingns, engineers and manufactures rotary dies, creasers and embossers. We've been using Creo Elements (Former CoCreate) since 2007 and it's a great software, escpecially, modeling - I'm a big fan of free space design now. But we also do a lot of 2D drafting and it's a really "must have" feature for us that Creo/Elements doesn't have now - the ability to scale up 2D Layouts by axes independently (something similar to "anisotropic scaling" available for 3D models). We often need to be able to change the scale by given direction and keep it 1:1 in cross direction. All CAD-software I've used before Creo had that feature and that'd be really nice to see it in Creo - would make life much easier.

Thank you!

7 Comments

This sounds like the Stretch function. How does what you are after differ from Stretch?

Thanks

Stretch just streches straight lines. If I got compex layout with lines, curves, arcs - stretch doesn't work. I've tried to simply stretch the circle and make an oval from it and I didn't have any success.

Thanks, Greg

It sounds like you are looking for the "Transform" command in Creo Elements/Direct Drafting.

No, I've tried that as well - it stretches unevenly from repeat to repeat. Also, selection of triangle points slows the process down. PTC technical support representative says there is nothing like that in Drafting and he suggested me to create this idea.

Is it possible to add some small sketches to explain a bit what you would like to get  and what you expect?

Thanks

Hello Berthold,

Here you go. It's just an example - normally, we work with more complex geometry.

Thank you!

Untitled-1.jpg

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived