Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Text Style scaling when copying between parts of different units

Annotation Text Style scaling when copying between parts of different units

Although this is supported in Creo3 for Annotation Text Style values that are default, it should apply for all values.

Setup

1. Part_1 is in inches
  2. Part_2 is in mm
  3. Part_1 has an annotation feature that is visible in the geometry window with the height size NOT set as default

Procedure:

1. Copy the annotation feature from Part_1
  2. Do a regular paste in Part_2
  3. Specify option to either "Keep feature sizes" or "Scale by value" from the pop-up menu
  4. Constrain or fix any referencing issues to complete the paste operation

Result:

The annotation text size will NOT scale like all other geometry features. It will be either comparitively large or small to the rest of the model. Please fix.

6 Comments
Peridot

Have you tried flat to screen?  That seems to be constant.

Alexandrite

I'm not sure I understand. This isn't about placing an annotation during creation, this is about copying it from one part to another using the COPY/PASTE command when both parts have different units.

Peridot

I can see the dilemma for the programmers on how to tackle this.  There are several instances where inch units remain predominant even with metric being the part/asm's current settings.  With the introduction of the detail.dtl config into part/asm mode, this doubles the frustration. 

I like the idea of having some kind of dialog that requests the user's preference about pasted annotation.

Alexandrite

True,

But if the annotations purpose is to be a visual aid in the geometry window, it should scale. Creo3 does it fine if the text size was set to DEFAULT. This idea is if it has a different value, then it won't work. The different value would suggest that the person likes the way it looked in scale to the first part. If ProE doesn't scale the annotation, it defeats the whole point of the person tweaking the numbers to get the right visual look.

Peridot

Aha, so it should be a percentage/ratio of the default scale in relation to the screen as an option

Alexandrite

Annotation size does not affect any geometry. The only use for it is a representation of its content on the screen. Therefore, if you wanted it to look a certain way in inches, it should look the same way in metric.