Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Feature Operations should include INSERT MODE

Assembly Feature Operations should include INSERT MODE

I was trying to create a mapkey that would auto-create default axis for a part. In order to do so, I needed to have them before the regular features in the model tree.

I was getting crashes with some of the techniques I was trying. I found EDIT>Feature Operations>INSERT MODE which I was able to use for part files. However, I couldn't do this in an assembly because INSERT MODE is only for Component Operations, where you can only activate the insert mode after a component not a feature (like one of the default datums). This functionality is absent from Feature Operations. Please include it in Feature Operations (it would then not be necessary for Component Operations as well).

Thanks!

2 Comments
Peridot

When you set the filter to show features in assemblies, the insert bar comes up.  It really should be there in assembly mode even without features but okay.  I have gotten your request to work, but only by suppressing the 1st assembled part.  We should be able to add the default Csys and default 3 datum planes after the fact so you can re-constrain the 1st component.  This is a serious oversight in my view.  There are occasions we simple forget to put the Csys or planes in before we add parts.  I add them before I add parts because of this very problem.

Aquamarine

Antonius, are you saying you got it to work? When I select INSERT MODE in Feature Operations, the filter only allows me to select Components. What are you saying about the filter?

Thanks