cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Auto routing PRO/PIPING

Auto routing PRO/PIPING

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.

We are an industrial piping company
I am in charge of the piping design

2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?
Creo 8.0.6.0

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.

Currently, Creo does not offer any automatic routing system to connect two connections. It is necessary to create a departure on each side, to bring each departure in a common direction. Then the "connect" tool can do the rest of the work.

I saw while browsing the solutions offered by other competing software, Solidworks not to mention them, that an automatic routing system was available. The operator defines both departures. Then, the automatic routing feature offers multiple paths in different directions.

Is this a possible tool on the next versions of Creo?

Auto routing Solidworks 

4. What is the use case for your organization?
Everyday

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?

An automatic routing solution would save a lot of time during the first routing steps in large sets.

I think that several hours can very often be saved. This could even make it possible to preview routings and realize well before routing the entire line if other elements can hinder the passage.

3 Comments
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @M.Berg_68740 for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.

kamleshjoshi
15-Moonstone

Hello @M.Berg_68740 ,

Good Day to you.

I am kamlesh from GMMSPL and I am exploring piping from last 2 to 3 year and really missing this option.

If this option will be coming soon then definitely it will help the designer to explore the multiple variation of piping routing.

In addition to that|, it should come up with an option where we can select the part to avoid a collision or interference.

We have lot of pending piping functionality to make our creo capable.

M.Berg_68740
3-Visitor

Hello @kamleshjoshi ,  

I really hope that its improvements are planned on the next versions of Creo. Even if the piping module is very efficient, these small details are missing.

I don't mean nonsense but it seems to me that collision and interference detection already exists. For the piping I think it's only possible when you turn the piping into a pipe. But it is true that a detection during the design of the routing would be good.