Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Save for Creo Parametric

Automatic Save for Creo Parametric

Posibility / configuration option which checks periodically Creo Parametric objects (sketch, part, assembly, drawing, etc.) in memory and saves changed ones with respect to user settings into working directory or workspace or only displays warning message.

User can:

• enable/disable this functionality
  • set time of period and set checked object types

Thanks,

Vladimir

5 Comments
sdesaulles
3-Visitor

Yes, yes, and yes.  Of course autosave.  My £50 TurboCAD Mac package has autosave, it has had it for almost 10 years, yet my £7k PTC Creo CAD package doesn't.

There are arguments about it 'tying up memory / bandwidth' - but surely you could have it sophiticated to save after X no. of commands or Y no. of minutes, or be able to switch it of if you have a system that never crashs.  Ironically of course, TurboCAD creshes far less frequently than Creo2 on my machines.

SolidWorks saves automatically.  Come on PTC, get the basics right too.

TomasLoun
4-Participant

You can use Supputils utilities and they include AutoSave application - http://www.cogras.cz/Products/Supputils.aspx

LawrenceS
17-Peridot

does the autosave overwrite your file, or get saved to a hidden file?  We do too much hypothetical work that we would not want a save to overwrite because we don't actually want to keep the changes...

kpark-2
13-Aquamarine

We do a lot of hypothetical work as well and I would no want a automatic save to overwrite changes we do not want.  As long as there was an option to enable/disable then I may be ok with this functionality.  Or possibly a prompt asking if the user wants to save periodically with an option to say no.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged