1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. I'm working as a head of the department in R&D in a company that is dealing with engineering and manufacturing equipment for hydro powerplants.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? We are currently using Creo Parametric 4.0.
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. When preparing large assembly drawings, where we add the BOM which contains numerous items, sometimes happens that the BOM gets out of the drawing format. To show items out of the format Set Extent and Add Segment is used, however there is no indication on the top of the BOM where the extent is set, that BOM continues. It happened several times, that the added BOM segment was missed and items were not ordered causing us the delay.
Idea to solve this issue is, that Creo should add a row with remark "Continued" on top of the BOM where extent is set and on top of every segment where there are more than one, every time user sets the extent or adds the segment. This would signal the person looking at the BOM that he needs to look for the remaining items somewhere else in the drawing.
4. What is the use case for your organization? See description of the problem and the idea.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Preventing delays and additional costs due to items not being ordered or manufactured.