cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

BOM balloons Symbols should be allowed to contain groups.

BOM balloons Symbols should be allowed to contain groups.

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Aerospace industry, I am a design engineer.

2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?
I'm currently running Creo 7.0

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
I want to be able to use a custom BOM Balloon that also displays QTY.  I currently leverage a repeat region and have to have 3 separate symbols: One with the QTY on the left of the balloon, one with QTY on the right of the balloon, and one showing no QTY (for components that only have 1X qty).  It would be great if Groups could be leveraged in BOM Balloons, so that I could create one symbol where all QTYs exist, and then select in Groups which one I want shown in the symbol.  I'm not sure why Groups cannot be used with BOM Balloons specifically, but can use them in other custom symbols? In this context especially - it's all the same information, I'm just deciding where I want that information displayed relative to the leader, or not at all.

4. What is the use case for your organization?
This would be used throughout the org in drawings to automate the find number call outs

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Significant labor savings due to tedious balloon creation, and potential for human error if qty or find number is mistyped.

2 Comments
achirila
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @lockarde!

Thank you for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.

KF_7435402
1-Newbie

I would like the change too, as is would be a time savings and let me complete drawings faster.