cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Balloon Note for 3D models

Balloon Note for 3D models

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Aerospace and Defense. I am a mechanical design engineer at Lockheed Martin. 

2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
I want to add balloon notes on assembly files so I can convert files to 3D pdfs and show where the parts in the assembly are located. We are trying to move away from using drawings. 

4. What is the use case for your organization?

Model Based Engineering for all simple assemblies.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
It would add significant value to our organization because we would be able to give more accurate model assemblies to our suppliers without having to rely on drawings. This would streamline the design process and cut down on time and cost.

1 Comment
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @TB_10344706 for your idea and welcome to the PTC Community. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.

Additionally, I'd suggest to add a few more details to better document your idea, Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present your case to the product management team for consideration.

As an example, here is a well document Creo idea: Make Shrinkwrap quality more scalable to data size... - PTC Community

Additionally, I invite you to check out this topic where PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.