PTC should really come up with a better way of creating Detailed Drawings. It may be my ignorance, but the interface seems like it hasn't been changed in 20 years.
1. Project the 3D part edges into the Drawing instead of looking at the 3D parts through a glass type environment.
2. Allow the designer to define section cuts in the drawing without having to create the sections in the 3D Assembly.
3. Allow the BOM Balloons to be able to add balloons to a part after the qty has been reached without having to create REF balloons. We use the qty in the BOM on the drawing for purchasing (i.e. qty of 1) even though we may need to balloon the part in several views.
4.if item 3 is not feasible, then allow the REF balloon to have the same capability of merging balloons together like the regular balloons. Currently this is not avaialble.
5. If items 3 and 4 are not feasible, then allow the user to remove a leader fro a REF balloon.
6. Modify the method for creating Custom Balloons. Currently in the Symbol Gallery Define Window there is no process to be able to create a circle for the Balloon definition and then hide the circle. We have a need where our custom balloons needs to display a Part Paramter Value but not have a circle visible on the drawing. The current work around is to create a line with a length of .001 or smaller so we can attach a leader to the line.
7. Make the Sheet tabs at the bottom of the Drawing available in a relation so we can link view callout to different sheets. If this was avaiable thenif we reorder the sheets the callouts would be updated automatically.