Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Item displays and edit units for parameters with User Input

0 Kudos

Bulk Item displays and edit units for parameters with User Input

We are implementing bulk items to enable a better workflow with our new WindChill PLM system we are implementing. We found that we cannot see the units for parameters that display during the user-input field. How does the engineer know what value to enter if the engineer can't see the units? The engineer brings in a library part for paint and adds it to his assembly. It prompts to enter in the value without showing the units! He would be clueless! The only way for him to see the units is to put in some random value and then go into the component level parameters for the bulk items to view the units and enter a more accurate number. The units should definitely be displayed. It would also be nice to show the parameter description, if the librarian needs to give some sort of instructions. Furthermore, the unit value should be editable. Let's say I am adding paint to a screw. I would want a smaller unit then if I added paint to a car! Please help with at least the unit display. If we can get the others done as well, that would be great!

2019-11-01_13-00-36.jpg

Thanks!