Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centerlines/Centerplanes in Drawing

Centerlines/Centerplanes in Drawing

Add functionality to create centerplane or centerline representations in a drawing.  This is basic drafting practice that should already be available, and I have seen many posts on the internet alluding to the fact that this is not available in Creo.  See support case #13272768 if possible. 2016-09-02 11_45_07-254FUNGAGE (Active) - Creo Parametric.png

6 Comments
Sapphire II

This is a duplicate request to

Middle Datum Plane (between 2 selected surfaces or planes) - midplane (listed as under condsideration since 2012!!!)

and

work plane between 2 objects tool - creo parametric (which is still open for voting but is itself a duplicate of the first one)

Toby Metcalf , can you please mark this one as duplicate AND maybe also get Paul Sagar (or Raphael N) to follow up on the first one or un-mark it as under consideration. I guess it could still be under consideration since we all know it's a good idea but either not easily accomplished or not a high enough priority since it doesn't get any new votes (and we all know that vote count doesn't really drive these things but makes us users feel better and have grounds to complain)

I did look for similar requests prior to submitting, but found none.  I guess it's a matter of what search terms I used.  Regardless, this is fundamental drafting functionality that should have been available in Pro/E or Creo for at least 2 decades. 

Actually, in looking at the two other threads...neither is what I am asking for.  I am looking to show a centerplane representation on a drawing.  The other two threads involve geometry creation, not drawing annotation.  Perhaps that's why I didn't find any similar threads.

Sapphire II

A "centerplane...on a drawing" is always represented by a centerline, which in Creo terms is an axis in the model.

Opal

Good day all.

• I have marked the "Work Plane" a duplicate of the "Middle Datum" idea
  • I have reached out the product manager asking for an update to be posted within the community (on the Middle Datum idea).

Thank you Stephen Williams‌ for the organization.

Keith Grabske‌ I will also ask the same PM to review this idea too.

Best,

Toby

Thanks!