Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings.
Why file == > close window icon in Creo Parametric 2.0 is a "folder" icon, can you replace it back to a cross icon?
Its not logic, because its a cross icon in Pro/E wf4 , and Creo parametric 3.0 also its a cross icon.
This folder icon is very disturbing for the new users, as they click by inadvertence on the "folder" close icon when wanting to open a file.
Many of them are asking for the return of the old one.
Thanks in advance.
Seeing that it's already been changed in Creo 3 I highly doubt that it will be changed back in Creo 2.
Most of the users are on Creo 2.0
We found the same thing when we moved to Creo 2, and came up with a work-around that has made some people happier. It doesn't change the icon in the file menu, but it gives you a cross icon in the quick access menu.
1. Create a mapkey to close the active window
2. Customise the Quick Access Toolbar, change the "Choose commands from:" drop-down to mapkeys and add the close window mapkey to the quick access list.
3. Change the "Choose commands from:" list to All Commands and add the command "Exit"
4. With "Exit" selected, choose "Copy Button Image" from the Modify menu
5. Select the Close Window item and choose "Paste Button Image" from the Modify menu
6. Remove the Exit button from the list.
You may or may not want to do this, but it made me feel better!
Thanks for the workaround David.
We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.
You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.
Thank you for your participation.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.