Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleanup ghost objects / incomplete objects

Cleanup ghost objects / incomplete objects

I am looking for a more efficient way of cleaning up ghosts.  Users need a way to clean ghosts within the CREO session that does not involve removing the objects from PDMLink.

The current resolution described in document CS28858 is not an acceptable practice.  Backing up data to the disk in order to break the link form PDMLink is a dangerous practice in my opinion.  I would like to have  a way to cleanup the dependencies while the data is still in the workspace. 

My users are educated about how ghosts are created and we have not created a new ghost in a few years.  The problem is that users several years ago were not aware of this and we now have to deal with their mistake.  Most of these ghosts are tied to the drawings and in many cases the same ghost object is tied to multiple drawings.  When we reuse or duplicate these older drawings the ghosts are still attached and need to be cleaned out.  Users can only ignore the ghosts at the time of check in.  This does not solve the issue, it only pushes it aside.

6 Comments
TomU
23-Emerald III

Totally agree.  If Windchill can see the references, Creo should allow the user to see them and delete them!

This idea is probably similar enough that is qualifies as a duplicate of A way to remove references in Creo that creates ghosts objects in PDMLink, but I'm voting it up anyway!

swood
6-Contributor

The second resolution listed in CS28858 has been working well for us. Setting "cleanup_drawing"dependencies" set to "yes_cs_not_required".

Dale_Rosema
22-Sapphire I

Toby Metcalf

See Tom's comment above about duplicate.

Tmetcalf
Emeritus

Thank you Tom Uminn‌ and Dale Rosema‌ -

As this is a duplicate, please vote here A way to remove references in Creo that creates ghosts objects in PDMLink

Best,

Toby

MikkoHinkkanen
13-Aquamarine
Currently (as per Creo Parametric 4.0) we have a set of tooling to probe MODEL references, dependencies, backed up references and even clean up and break them. However, when drawing has some unwanted external refs causing Ghost objects we are left with set of tricks and few config.pro options. Therefore the ProductIdea of having dedicated tool to remove unneeded refs from drawings is HIGHLY supported. See ptc community articles: 214066 229991 127264 and PTC documentation CS28858, CS20956 for current state of affairs.
PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged