Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collapse structure

Collapse structure

There is currently an "Expand" command for objects in the Structure Browser. I would like to see the corresponding "Collapse" command as well. While you can get close to that functionality by using the "-" icon in front of an assembly, the "Collapse" command I am looking for would do more-just like the "Expand" command does more than the "+" icon does. The "+" icon just shows the level below, plus anything that was open below the last time that portion was shown. "Expand" will recursively go through all levels and open all of them. The "Collapse" command would recursively go through and collapse all levels below, not just the level below which is what "-" does.

5 Comments
Garnet

There is a command "collapse all".

Right klik in an emty place of the structure browser - Actions - collapse All

Auf Deutsch:

Rechtsklick in leere Stelle der Strukturliste - Aktionen - Alles reduzieren

But this action close the whole structure up to the top and not only the choosen assembly

I know about the "Collapse All" command, but that collapses EVERYTHING. I only want to collapase a single assembly. But I also want all of the sub-assemblies (and anything else that is expanded like pseudo folders, relations, etc.) to be collapsed as well. Currently using the "-" only collapses the level chosen, not all of the levels below.

Here is a simple example. Currently there are 2 options for collapsing an assembly that is expanded. The first is to use the "Collapse All" command. The next is to use the "-" in front of the assembly. As the example shows, in both cases you get the same result if you press the "+" in front of the assembly afterwards (everything expanded). What I am proposing is a different option: Collapse. When applied to the assembly, it collapses all of the levels below so that when the "+" is used to expand the assembly, only the items directly below are seen.collapse.JPG

I agree this would be handy.

You might want to check out AI MAXTools, which I just found out already has this functionality, as well as a "Collapse Parent" command that allows you to collapse a subtree without needing to find its top node. 

Fortunately this is now resolved in version 19.0!!

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived