cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collision Check - mark 'allowed collision' and save them, dont' warn on those later

Collision Check - mark 'allowed collision' and save them, dont' warn on those later

Dear PTC Team!

Often I use the collision check functionality in Creo parametric, and every time I get a lot of warnings. That is because most screws interfere with their threaded holes partly, because they are mounted that way. This is quite usual. Of course, some work-arounds are possible: reduce the screw diameter etc... but this is not as close to reality as CAD should be in order to be useful, IMHO.

So this Idea is to propose the ability to 'mark' those collisions that are 'intended' by the desinger by some way so that they dont show up as a warning next time. But they should of course again appear as a warning when checking for collision if

* their volume has changed  - now more or less than when it was marked as 'intended' ,

* the participating parts have changed (file name), or

* an option to display them all has been selected.

Like this one can concentrate more on the desing intention with less distractions and select those collisions that are 'accepted'. Now the collision check is even more useful because it displays more useful warnings and on can determine quite easily the impact of a design change for instance.

greetings

3 Comments
MikkoHinkkanen
12-Amethyst

Exclude those "harmless" component on simplified rep that you later on use for collision checking. You may use Master Rep at end of day to just to make sure...

SvenR
13-Aquamarine

although this seems good, it doesnt reflect the complete use case. Screws do very matter when they are too long, but one wouldnt notice that when excluding them. The only way to notice that would be to go through ALL of the messages again and again and again.... you get the picture.

Whats more interesting in doing development is the delta steps

* between each check-in and

* for every 'what-if' scenario .

If I have to go through 50 or more collisions when marketing suggests some small changes, just in order to make shure that it doesnt collide, then this doenst look very engineering like in their business point of view 🙂

greetings

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived