Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined State in drawing does not carry Style

Combined State in drawing does not carry Style

Although you can add a Style to a Combined State in 3D mode, you cannot take advantage of it in a drawing view.

The drawing Combined State should carry style too, so that we can create an assembly view with different display styles for its components.

i.e.: To hightlight one component in an assembly with Shading, while the rest of the components remain No Hidden.

Snap 2014-01-21 at 12.25.16.png

9 Comments
OliverHeins
12-Amethyst

This is also relevant for the export to CreoView. We tried to highlight some parts with shaded display and the rest of the assembly should be in wireframe. The combined view with this style setup was not transferred to creo view as well.

dmartin
11-Garnet

Generating a PDF from a drawing is the best way I've found to generate good looking images or plot large prints. (And honestly as engineers we sometimes need to create nice presentations.) Being able to use Style States in Combined States in drawings would facilitate this.

RaphaelCNascime
1-Newbie

This is a good idea and something that we'd like to consider for future enhancement.

hhagedorn
4-Participant

It would be nice to have this functionality!

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged

JoshuaHouser
16-Pearl

More than 4 years since this "Idea" was submitted while the associated SPR was submitted in 2011!

I would actually say this is more of a bug than enhancement.  The functionality leads you to believe that it "should" work.

barryschaeffer1
11-Garnet

We need this functionality so that we can do the following:

- in different drawing views, we need to selectively BLANK different sets of components to depict installation drawings

- use a single repeat region for placing BOM balloons

Without this functionality, there doesn't appear to be a way to achieve this.

rburk
3-Visitor

need to have this function,

times needed to show assembly part(s) as shaded and as no-hidden

already set in the assembly, should be able to use it.

ptc-1962668
2-Guest

We need this for safty-layouts.

Converting of combined states to CreoView is also very useful.