1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We're working in the automotive and industrial design. Currently we start using model based definition models.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? Creo 220.127.116.11
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Set a surface finish for all undefined volume surfaces.
In order to get a semantic surface finish you need to assign a surface finish to each surface of the model.
If you don't assign a surface finish to a surface you don't have a machine readable surface finish on the surface.
Set a surface finish for common use of all not seperately user defined surfaces.
Afterwards user defined surface finishes overwrite the comon definition.
Removing the user defined surface finish restores the common definition.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?