Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidate setting of Material

Consolidate setting of Material

There are multiple methods for specifying the material of a part depending on which module you are using. Material can be set in the FEA module, the Part Library module, and the Sheet Metal module. Setting the material in one, however, does not set it for another module. For example, if you create a sheet metal part using the Sheet Metal module, you set the material. But that does not automatically set the material for the FEA module, and the Part Library module shows "No material defined" if you inquire the material. Ideally, you should be able to set it once and have it available everywhere, and this should be part of the base functionality.

5 Comments

Greg,

Your previous idea is good, but it seems to go much farther than what I envisioned with this suggestion. (Not that what you suggested is bad, I do like it.)

I agree they are related ideas with some overlap. I just worry that with the ideas list growing long and potentially unwieldy I'd hate to see one piece get overlooked. It might be nice if there were ways to group related topics. I'm just relating the two topics by adding the link 😉

Aquamarine

I‌ set material with UDA(User Define Attribute) and send it to Model Manager's material attribute.

I hope that materials of all module are set with UDA or Model manager material attribute.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged